It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Last night, I was elected as an associate member of the McGill-Montreal chapter of Sigma Xi, the scientific research society. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from the ceremonies - though I was pretty sure some serious paddling and leather masks would be involved. Alas, such was not the case as only a mild pat on the rump was administered. Ah well... maybe next time. Anywho, a very pleasant evening was enjoyed including a stroll thought the McCord Museum, a talk about Dr. Frederick Soddy (one of two Nobel Prize winners in Chemistry having done their research at McGill) and dinner at LeCaveau (I had the duck). Anyways, it seems like this Soddy character was some sort of pimp with the femininas. This is conclusive proof of my previous clog entry (Thursday April 15th).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home