It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Friday, May 27, 2005

One of my goals of coming out to Halifax was to use this year as a time for self-improvement. Learn how to cook and drive. Get back into shape. Read good books and learn about wine. Almost two months in and I've accomplished none of these. I'm not really feeling regret over lost time though because there has been an adjustment period when other needs (such as shelter and clothing) took priority. I think over the next few months though, I should be well on my way towards those goals. Hey, I've already lost some weight though -- but that has more to do with my cooking than with exercise.

I went to the Rodin exhibit last weekend. Saw some great sculptures (a lot of them fairly erotic - well as erotic as cold stone gets). There was one of Balzac holding onto his "member" (the museum's word, not mine). Anyways, there was this mom walking around the exhibit and reading the description that come with each of the sculptures to her kids. I could barely contain my enjoyment to watch her read that description and then clam right up when she got to the line where they mention his member. It was well worth the $4 I paid to get in.

Tonight, I'm going to the Clay Cafe with Gillian. I think I'm getting in over my head if she can convince me to go paint pottery as a night out. Ahh, the sacrifices we make for pretty ladies... (To be fair, I am dragging her to a football game next month).

Update!!!

Here are some pictures taken with my brand spanking new digital camera. Expect more to come
My Lizard
Gillian's Vase
Finished Lizard, Samuel
Finished vase and Gillian

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home