It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I had my haircut on Saturday and I thought to myself: what distinguishes a good barber? Some thoughts on the matter:

1) They are Italian or Greek or from some other Mediterranean country.

2) English isn't their first language.

3) They don't comment on how soft your hair is (that was an akward hair cut).

4) They have hair on their knuckles.

5) They don't style your hair like it was the 1920's no matter how it was styled beforehand.

6) They use a straight-edge razor to clean up the shave around the neck and behind the ears.

7) They don't press their groin up against the seat so as to rub against your hand resting on the armrest.

My barber on Saturday scored a 6/7. Unfortunately it was point no.7 where he failed but I can forgive him this one time because I am pretty pleased with the cut.

5 Comments:

  • Nice to see your blog. When you are online shopping whether for children's clothes or other items, please come visit this cybermall site. 20 separtate departments of brand name products. You'll find what you are looking for here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Sep 06, 11:45:00 AM  

  • Glen, your shopping for kids clothing now as well? First life insurance now kids clothing...Is there something we don't know???

    By Blogger Budman, at Wed Sep 07, 02:53:00 AM  

  • Yeah, I didn't want to tell anyone too soon - but I'm pregnant. I'm expecting Rufus to be born in April.

    By Blogger Glen, at Wed Sep 07, 08:28:00 AM  

  • this is a post i can really relate to. what i really dislike is heavy breathing by the barber/barberess.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Sep 07, 01:29:00 PM  

  • Rufus is an awful name for a girl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 09, 02:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home