It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's rare for me to actually crave a beer but I was itching for one this past Friday. I decided then to take up an invitation to watch a friend's brother play bass in a band (Jolene and Sharlene Keets) at a bar called Stayner's Wharf. The crowd there skews a little older and I can't find my friends so I settle at the bar with a pint of Hoegaarden (probably the finest name of a beer this side of Sami Klause beer). A quarter of a pint later, my friend arrives with his girlfriend and her two other friends. As it turns out, all three girls are from the North Shore of Montreal. I must say, after spending half a year in Nova Scotia there is a lot to be said for the Quebecois accent, especially when you're drinking and understanding only half of what's being spoken to you.

A half-dozen pints and a concert after arriving, the four of us decide to take off to The Lower Deck. I'm normally not a fan of Lower Deck and its overpriced drinks but I felt like dancing and so did the girls so who was I to object? Five gin and tonics and 1573 dance steps later, it was time to go. I bid my companions farewell and godspeed upon their journey and I made my way back to the shire, or rather my bachelor apartment.

As I stumbled and bumbled my way down the block, I heard a voice in the distance: "Hey, why you walking so fast?". Indifferent to the person's call, I continued on my merry way. Again, the stranger called me: "Hey, why you walking so fast?". Using my drunken logic, it occured to me that this person must have some important information for me and surely wouldn't want to rob/rape/stab me, especially in a dark and deserted street like I found myself. As the female stranger approached me, it became clear that she had lived a full life(much in the same way as Keith Richards has).

"Got any money dear?"

"Oh I'm sorry ma'am, I spent it all at the bar."

"Why you walking so fast?"

"Well, I didn't think I was..."

"Listen you're cute so I'll cut you a deal. $20 and I'll..."

"Oh! No thank you."

"It's okay dahling, I've got condoms."


This continued for about two blocks as she tried to bargain with me into succumbing to her, umm, feminine wiles. She eventually left me - probably testing the saying that goes: "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it was yours all along". I guess it wasn't true love after all.

14 Comments:

  • wow, this was a captivating story, you got solicitated by hooker?

    wow...

    would you have gone for it, if you were more drunK?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 12, 01:46:00 PM  

  • On a nastiness scale, where 1 is Scarlett and 10 is Bea Arthur, where did this hooker rank?

    And I thought I was the only one to remember Hammerman.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 12, 01:48:00 PM  

  • Well I would guess she was probably around an 8 - but bear in mind, I was drunk so my nastiness judgement was impaired.

    And no, Mo. It's pretty hard for me to conceive of a situation where I would pay for sex - though I have no qualms with those who do (Neil, I'm looking in your direction).

    By Blogger Glen, at Wed Oct 12, 01:53:00 PM  

  • How dare vrej say he thought he was the only one to remember hammerman. When I read this post I felt as if it was designed specifically for me. Thanks Glen. This is some fine work .

    By Blogger Masta, at Wed Oct 12, 07:48:00 PM  

  • Actually, I knew Chris would know Hammerman. I knew this fact and yet still wrote what I wrote. I apologize.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 12, 09:19:00 PM  

  • It's clear that Hammerman had made a deep and important impact on all our lives despite its short run. My only regret is not getting a good picture of his dancing shoes.

    By Blogger Glen, at Wed Oct 12, 11:38:00 PM  

  • i think u have that backwards glen...people pay ME for sex. that reminds me, i still have to collect from a certain mother in greenfield park.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 13, 01:32:00 PM  

  • Look on the bright side Glen, at least this time is was a female (Didn't a guy once offer you money to suck you off on another drunken night in Montreal...)

    By Blogger Budman, at Fri Oct 14, 10:31:00 AM  

  • Yes Buds, and thanks for bringing up that dark part of my history again.

    /all in good fun

    By Blogger Glen, at Fri Oct 14, 10:52:00 AM  

  • pay you to suck you off?

    hahahahahaha

    nice glen, i cant wait till that happens to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 14, 01:03:00 PM  

  • Umm.. Vrej, you realize it was a guy right? Anyways, can we move on to something else, such as the NLCS?

    By Blogger Glen, at Fri Oct 14, 01:23:00 PM  

  • funny post..lol

    By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at Sat Oct 15, 07:17:00 PM  

  • As you very well know, that last post was not by me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 18, 04:36:00 PM  

  • Well I did actually think it was you at first but now looking back now it's very clear who it was. The power of the sitemeter courses through my veins!!!

    By Blogger Glen, at Tue Oct 18, 04:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home