It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On December 27th, there was a reunion of the Halifax trio (Jay "Quickie" Kawecki, Steve "Iceman" Tomiuk and myself). Because of Steve and Jay's profound distaste for the Montreal nightlife, we decided to meet up in Ottawa. Also, thanks to my lovely sister Liz -who might actually read this post hence the compliment- we three had a place to crash that night in downtown O-town! Here is a short list of some things I learned during my field trip:

1) Women are persons.... who knew?
2) Toaster ovens can get pretty damn heavy if you're carrying one long enough
3) The people in the LCBO are friendly
4) The people outside the LCBO are not.
5) People in Ottawa have no idea where specific bars are and give very misleading directions
6) The Polish mating call is apparently "Woo-Zah!"
7) Drunk girls are very responsive to the polish mating call
8) Drunk girls will use their attractiveness in order to obtain free drinks
9) It is in every male's DNA to tackle drunk bitches
10) Watching the 40-year-old Virgin with Jay's mom is awkward
11) Watching the 40-year-old Virgin with Jay's dog on your lap can be awkward
12) Unless I take a shower everyday, I get pretty damn gross
13) My sister is a very accomodating hostess

That's actually a pretty good summary of the trip. Remember this is only part deux of an unspecified-long series detailing my Holiday vacation. Stay tuned!

7 Comments:

  • What's LCBO?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 17, 05:30:00 PM  

  • Liquor Commission Board of Ontario... it's where you have to go to get hard alcohol (actually it was a mistake to write that because we really went to The Beer Store - the place where you have to go to get beer).

    By Blogger Glen, at Tue Jan 17, 05:53:00 PM  

  • oh man... HILARIOUS post!

    women are people? for reals?
    this jay guy looks very familiar for some reason... do i know him from somewhere?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 18, 01:51:00 PM  

  • He's a Centennial guy but he went to Champlain for 1 year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 18, 05:13:00 PM  

  • I have a hilarious picture of one of the drunk girls basically passing out in Kawecki's arms and Kawecki having a huge grin on his face. I wanted to have it linked with "tackle drunk bitches" but couldn't upload it for whatever reason. I'll post it if I can.

    By Blogger Glen, at Thu Jan 19, 09:42:00 AM  

  • is that jay's mom in the window?? hilarious

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jan 22, 10:34:00 PM  

  • Good call on the potential of me reading the entry. Thanks for carrying the toaster oven!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 24, 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home