It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Monday, November 07, 2005

What is this? Another new post already? What's up with this sudden wave of productivity from my normally sloth self? Well, I am avoiding doing real work and nothing sparks creativity like procrastination. So I figured that much like my mates Budman and DroopyMcC, I too will have my (belated) Hallowe'en post. For the longest time before the big night, I was considering just going as a giant bear mascot (a la College Dropout album cover). Well, due to a delectable mix of 1 part laziness and 1 part imagination, I decided to come up with my own costume. I was dressed as a gift-wrapped box with a card that read: "To: Women... From: God". Yes, it's true, I decided to go as myself: God's gift to women.

To begin the night, I was at a house party hosted by a friend from work. The three men at the party decided to hit the road to go to one of the bars. Cutting through the Halifax Commons (a large park in the middle of Halifax), I was soon beckoned by two girls in the distance wondering exactly what my costume was supposed to be. As they drew closer, it became increasingly unclear whether the women were dressed in Hallowe'en gear or the blue mohawk and miniskirt with fishnet stockings were genuine. Impressed with my wit, mohawk girl leaned in for a hug (awkward considering my dimensions at the time). Not content with just the hug, she went in for a kiss. I shifted my face in order to avoid the lip-on-lip action but she must have had me locked-in with her radar because Bam! she got me right on the mouth. It was like smoking an entire pack of cigarettes chased with 5 shots of Jack Daniel's. I reeled away. The two girls continued on their merry way but left me with this parting statement: "You truly are a gift from God".

Unfortunately, that was as close as anyone got to unwrapping the gift that night. Sigh...

7 Comments:

  • LOL

    i hope you dont have a mouth herpes now!


    God's gift to women? NICE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Nov 08, 12:50:00 PM  

  • thank god you had those french kissing tips in advance!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Nov 09, 12:09:00 AM  

  • nice costume, budman

    nice song lyric, bremner stud

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Nov 09, 01:17:00 AM  

  • nice costume, budman

    nice song lyric, bremner stud

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Nov 09, 01:18:00 AM  

  • Because of the increased spamming, I'm moderating the comments on this site now. Anytime someone comments, I receive an email showing the comment and I can either accept or reject it. Don't worry though, I won't be censoring any of your messages, only rejecting the spam.

    By Blogger Glen, at Wed Nov 09, 08:40:00 AM  

  • Haha, awesome story Glen! I can relate to awkward costumes, though. Mine was SO akward at the house party I was at, I kept wither knocking over somoene's beer or knocking out comone.

    Nice costume yourself DroobyMcC. Did you make it yourself?

    By Blogger Budman, at Sun Nov 13, 11:22:00 PM  

  • Sigh, no...my mom made it for me.

    It's well documented a while ago on my blog:

    http://vrej.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Nov 14, 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home