It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A week and a half ago, I went to go see a concert headlined by Toronto act controller.controller. The band I really wanted to see was Chicago's Ok Go. who were the second band on the bill (as it turned out, I didn't even stay to see the headliners). The original plans were tossed out the window when the person I had arranged to come with me bailed out last minute. Scrambling to find someone to come with me, I convinced my friend Cat to join me. When I went to pick her up at her apartment, I first knocked on the door. I call from within told me to come in. I walked in, took off my shoes, said hello to the roommates sitting on the couch. Eventually, I asked if Cat was going to be ready soon. Met with confused looks, I was then informed that there was no Cat living there. Apologizing profusely, I backed out of the apartment, not even waiting to tie my shoes first.

Anywho, at the concert Ok Go didn't disappoint. Once they were done playing, they removed all the instruments off the stage and proceeded to perform a choreographed dance to one of their own songs. Apparently, they had filmed themselves practicing this routine in one of their backyards, the film was leaked on the internet and was downloaded so many times the band decided to make it their official video for the song "A Million Ways". It's quite impressive and you all should download it here.

That night was the beginning of a snowstorm which absolutely crippled Halifax. The next morning I attempted to make it into work by taking the bus. I was able to make it half way until the buses stopped running, stranding me across the bridge in Dartmouth. I ended up having to walk an hour to get back to my apartment. On the plus side, work was obviously cancelled.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home