It's OK, I'm a Chemist

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

In a life complete with awkward moments, I experienced another one last night. I was on the bus back home from the gym after work. I was sporting my "More Cowbell" t-shirt (given to me by my ex-girlfriend). Being hawt from the gym, I decided to remove my jacket while on the bus and rocked out to some tunes on my mp3 player. Sure enough, who gets on the bus just a few stops before when I would get off but the ex.... with her boyfriend. Now why did I have to wear the t-shirt that day? Ah well, I like the t-shirt regardless so I'll be damned if I stop wearing it.

I've developed an alarming affinity for chocolate milk. I drink probably about 3L a week. This is probably not a completely healthy thing.

I finally heard back from UBC and they want to fly me out to Vancouver to check out the school. Yay! I'm really looking forward to this. First Deadmonton and then Hong-Kouver (god I love generalizations!). I think I'll probably go out the week of April 1st.

7 Comments:

  • hahaha, did you say hello to her? did she say hello to you? any smart ass comments about the Tshirt?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Mar 17, 03:17:00 PM  

  • We said Hi. She asked me where I was going and I said home. I don't think there's any animosity between us (certainly not me towards her). It's just always awkward seeing an ex - just especially so in that particular case.

    By Blogger Glen, at Fri Mar 17, 03:23:00 PM  

  • I was wondering Glen, do we like get to vote on where you're going to be doing your Master's.

    Cause if we do I vote for UBC for the following reason: your chances of actually meeting Scarlet rise exponentially as opposed to Edmonton or Halifax because of the film industry.

    Other reasons in no particular order. Other actresses based out of Vancouver are pretty easy on the eyes as well. The weather, winters in Edmonton are harsh with the sun coming up at 9 and going down at like 3. The excitmement leading to the olympics has to count for something.

    I was at the Vanier gym a couple of weekends ago, they still have that picture of you accepting that award many moons ago up in their awards showcase thing. Guess they just can get enough of you.

    By Blogger Rez, at Thu Mar 23, 01:23:00 AM  

  • Chocolate milk rules!

    By Blogger Mike, at Tue Mar 28, 12:18:00 AM  

  • I feel I should acknowledge the amazing Scarlett pic. I know it's becoming redundant to bring it up but... Bravo!!!

    By Blogger Masta, at Thu Mar 30, 11:58:00 PM  

  • I second the bravo. I may have to start reading Elle magazine now. Anyway, what's the deal with the faux-classy motif? It looks like a high school yearbook. Ha!

    Seriously, though, nice to see you're doing well for yourself, what with grad school and bus riding and tshirts and such. Keep on keepin' on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Apr 01, 10:59:00 PM  

  • BREMNER!
    You're probably on your Edutainment tour of West Canada by now, but awesome story, nice to see your blog got a face lift and keep the Scarlett coming.

    By Blogger Budman, at Mon Apr 03, 07:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home